- 1. Be able to plan for a Pilates teaching session.
- 2. Be able to understand the importance of long term behaviour change for
- Pilates teaching.
- 3. Be able to understand the principles of collecting information to plan a
- Pilates teaching session.
- 4. Understand how to use participant information to plan a Pilates teaching
- 5. Be able to communicate efectively.
- 6. Understand the fundamentals of Pilates teaching sessions.
- 7. Explain the techniques of the original Pilates exercises, how they have
- evolved/been adapted to meet current theories and best practices.
- 8. Explain the 34 original Pilates exercises and their goals including
- adaptations and modifications for each exercise.
- 9. Be able to adapt, evaluate and review a Pilates session.
- 10. Understand how to instruct a Pilates teaching session.
- 11. Understand how to adapt exercises to meet client needs during a Pilates
- Teaching session.
- 12. Be able to use efective methods of voice projection and music choice.
- 13. Be able to reflect on and evaluate a Pilates teaching session.
- 14. Understand health and safety precautions when instructing a Pilates
- teaching session.
- 15. Explain the purpose and value of cool down activities to participants.
- 16. Explain to clients how their progress links to their goals.
- 17. Justify why sufficient time must be allowed for the closing phase of the
- 18. Review the outcomes of the Pilates session.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a QCF Level 2 qualification in fitness instruction or similar.
- Current Adult CPR certification with a practical skills component (such as the American Heart Foundation or Irish Heart Foundation ) – This is available from Litton Lane Training if required and can be done alongside the ITEC course.
How do I enroll?
You can put through a request for a brochure by ….
- Attend an information meeting
- Contact Helen direct
T: 086 357 2105
€ 1,295 (There is a 10% discount for previous Litton Lane Students)
Locations and Times
- 9th & 10th Sep
- 23rd & 24th Sep
- 7th & 8th Oct
- 21st & 22nd Oct
- 4th & 5th Nov
- 18th & 19th Nov
Days: Saturday & Sundays (2 per month)
Exams: Saturday 2nd December
Time: 10am to 5pm Saturday/Sunday
Click here to see the venue location